Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Florissant in St. Louis County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Original Site of Cold Water Church

 
 
Original Site of Cold Water Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jason Voigt, June 11, 2020
1. Original Site of Cold Water Church Marker
Inscription.  Original site of Cold Water Church, now Salem Baptist Church, on property owned by John Patterson and donated by the Patterson family. Established in 1809.
 
Erected 1999.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1809.
 
Location. 38° 50.107′ N, 90° 17′ W. Marker is in Florissant, Missouri, in St. Louis County. Marker can be reached from Old Halls Ferry Road south of Av de Paris Drive, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located at Cold Water Cemetery. It can be accessed from Old Halls Ferry Road, from a road that leads to Hammer's Farm and Pallottine Renewal Center. Follow signs that lead to cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15290 Old Halls Ferry Rd, Florissant MO 63034, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rev. John Clark (within shouting distance of this marker); Dedicated to the Honor and Sacrifice (approx. 3 miles away); Coldwater Creek (approx. 3 miles away); F-101 Voodoo
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 3.1 miles away); F-101F Voodoo (approx. 3.1 miles away); Fort Belle Fontaine (approx. 3˝ miles away); Hendel's Market (approx. 3.6 miles away); Mary Kay Gladbach (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florissant.
 
Regarding Original Site of Cold Water Church. John Patterson was a Revolutionary War veteran who made his way to Florissant Valley around 1797. He is buried at Cold Water Cemetery.
 
Also see . . .  Cold Water Cemetery. From the Daughters of the American Revolution's website, this tells the history of both the cemetery and the church that stood on the Patterson family's land. (Submitted on June 11, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.) 
 
Original Site of Cold Water Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jason Voigt, June 11, 2020
2. Original Site of Cold Water Church Marker
Plaque is on the right.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 11, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 177 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 11, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=151223

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 23, 2024