Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Cedarburg in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Five Corners

Established 1844

— Town of Cedarburg Landmark —

 
 
Five Corners Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devon Polzar, 2020
1. Five Corners Marker
Inscription.  This area was originally settled by Patrick Halpin who purchased a land patent for the northern half of the intersection in 1844. Five Corners was named for the intersection of the State Road (presently STH 60) from Jackson to Grafton with Plank Road (presently Washington Avenue) and the Covered Toll Bridge Road leading to Saukville. With the establishment of the Town of Cedarburg on April 27, 1849, this area served the local farmers with a blacksmith shop, saloon, school, stable and five corners creamery.
 
Erected by Town of Cedarburg.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & VehiclesSettlements & Settlers.
 
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 43° 19.315′ N, 88° 0.358′ W. Marker was in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, in Ozaukee County. Marker was on Washington Avenue (Wisconsin Route 181) south of Wisconsin Route 60, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 1293 Washington Ave, Cedarburg WI 53012, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Last Covered Bridge (approx. 1.1 miles away); Kaehlers Mill (approx. 1.6 miles away); Cedarburg Woolen Mill (approx. 1.7 miles away); Historic Cedarburg (approx. 1.8 miles away); Liberty Tree Memorial (approx. 1.8 miles away); Interurban Bridge / Riding the Interurban (approx. 1.8 miles away); The First 100 Years (approx. 2 miles away); Origin of Cedar Creek / Mills on the Creek (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cedarburg.
 
More about this marker. The marker is near the front entrance to the Cedarburg Town Hall and is steps away from the "Five Corners" intersection.
 
Five Corners Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devon Polzar, 2020
2. Five Corners Marker
Opposite Side of Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devon Polzar, 2020
3. Opposite Side of Marker
Town of Cedarburg
Town Hall
Est. 1849
Five Corners Marker Missing image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jim Schaettle, December 23, 2023
4. Five Corners Marker Missing
Cedarburg Town Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devon Polzar, 2020
5. Cedarburg Town Hall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 26, 2023. It was originally submitted on June 28, 2020, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 231 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 28, 2020, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin.   4. submitted on December 23, 2023, by Jim Schaettle of Madison, Wisconsin.   5. submitted on June 28, 2020, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=152031

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 27, 2024