Grosse Ile in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. James Episcopal Chapel
Erected 1981 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L122.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Churches & Religion • Women. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1867.
Location. 42° 7.471′ N, 83° 8.502′ W. Marker is in Grosse Ile, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is on East River Road, 0.1 miles south of Grosse Ile Parkway, on the right when traveling south Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 25150 East River Road, Grosse Ile MI 48138, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Michigan Central Railroad (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The End of the Line (about 500 feet away); Across the Water (about 500 feet away); The Livingstone Channel (about 600 feet away); Recording Movements (about 600 feet away); Rails Through Grosse Ile (about 600 feet away); Military Outpost (approx. ¼ mile away); Times of Change (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grosse Ile.
Also see . . . St. James Episcopal Church (Grosse Ile, Michigan). Wikipedia article (Submitted on July 11, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 176 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 11, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.