Harrodsburg in Mercer County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
The Mother Town of Kentucky
Erected by The Woman's Club of Harrodsburg honoring The Mother Town of Kentucky founded June 16, 1776 and remembering the first mothers of the west to enter the wilderness.
Mrs. Daniel Boone Mrs. Hugh McGary Mrs. Richard Hogan Mrs. Thomas Denton
A tribute from the womanhood of the present to the womanhood of the past.
Erected 1926 by The Woman's Club of Harrodsburg.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • Women. A significant historical date for this entry is June 16, 1776.
Location. 37° 45.534′ N, 84° 50.581′ W. Marker is in Harrodsburg, Kentucky, in Mercer County. Marker is on Beaumont Avenue just east of Mooreland Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 416 Beaumont Ave, Harrodsburg KY 40330, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Clay Hill (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); United Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away); Early Gun Shop Site / Famed Gunsmith Harrodsburg Christian Church (about 300 feet away); Harrodsburg Baptist Church (about 400 feet away); Magoffin / Mills / Gaither House (about 500 feet away); County Named / Mercer County (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrodsburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 61 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 16, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.