Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Reagor Springs in Ellis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Richardson Cemetery

(1 mile southwest)

 
 
Richardson Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Brian Anderson, July 12, 2020
1. Richardson Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  John I. Richardson (1839-1922), county surveyor, Mason, and veteran of the 12th Texas Confederate Cavalry, married Ann Elizabeth Reagor (1849-1923) in 1865. Both were descendants of the family for which Reagor Springs was named. A cousin, Robert S. Reagor, was buried on the Richardsons' property in 1879. In 1890 the land was deeded for use as a cemetery. Also buried here are two of the Richardsons' six children. The Richardsons left Reagor Springs near the turn of the century. Other early area families also are buried in the cemetery, which contains thirty graves. Those interred in the Richardson Cemetery helped to forge Reagor Springs and early Ellis County.
 
Erected 1998 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11865.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1890.
 
Location. 32° 20.148′ N, 96° 46.105′ W. Marker is in Reagor Springs, Texas, in Ellis County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Highway 287 and U.S. 287, on the right when traveling south on Old
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Highway 287. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waxahachie TX 75165, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Thomas C. Neel (approx. 3.1 miles away); Oak Lawn School (approx. 5.3 miles away); World War II 1941-1945 (approx. 5.3 miles away); Thomas Alexander Williams (approx. 5˝ miles away); Nash Public School (approx. 5˝ miles away); Bessie Coleman (approx. 5˝ miles away); St. Joseph Catholic Church (approx. 5.6 miles away); Hancock Building (approx. 5.7 miles away).
 
Richardson Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Brian Anderson, July 12, 2020
2. Richardson Cemetery Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 17, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 276 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 17, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=152970

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 19, 2024