Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Cleveland in Bradley County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Union Monument

 
 
Union Monument image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, July 26, 2020
1. Union Monument
Inscription.  This monument is to perpetuate the memory of the Boys in Blue in the war of 1861-65 who have lived in Bradley County was dedicated by Oviatt Post No. 20 G. A. R. May 30 1914
 
Erected 1914 by Oviatt Post No. 20, Grand Army of the Republic.
 
Topics and series. This monument and memorial is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the The Grand Army of the Republic series list.
 
Location. 35° 9.365′ N, 84° 52.827′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Tennessee, in Bradley County. Memorial is at the intersection of Worth Street Southwest and 6th Street Southwest, on the right when traveling south on Worth Street Southwest. Marker is at Worth Street entrance to Fort Hill Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cleveland TN 37311, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Hill Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fillauer Brothers Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Cleveland During the Civil War (approx. 0.4 miles away); Cleveland Southern Railway Depot
Union Monument image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, July 26, 2020
2. Union Monument
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.4 miles away); Col. Benjamin Cleveland (approx. half a mile away); Oak Grove Male Academy (approx. half a mile away); St. Luke's Episcopal Church (approx. half a mile away); Allen Grammar School (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleveland.
 
More about this monument. A plaque at the base notes the memorial was refurbished by the Fort Hill Cemetery Association and rededicated in July 1990.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 27, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 117 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 27, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=153743

Paid Advertisements
 
 

May. 22, 2022