Seguin in Guadalupe County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Women's Club Rooms
To finance building (cost $500), women under leadership of Mrs. Joseph B. Dibrell held bazaars, theatricals, ice cream suppers. C. F. Blumberg was contractor. Present site (the fourth) was a gift of Mrs. Edgar Nolte, 1937.
Utility areas were added to the two original rooms in 1949. Architecture is Greek Revival.
Erected 1962 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5455.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1937.
Location. 29° 34.338′ N, 97° 57.839′ W. Marker is in Seguin, Texas, in Guadalupe County. Marker is at the intersection of North River Street and East Ireland Street, on the right when traveling south on North River Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 432 River St, Seguin TX 78155, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Juan Nepomuceno Seguin (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ranger Oaks (approx. ¼ mile Seguin (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Spanish Trail (approx. ¼ mile away); "White Way" Lighting (approx. ¼ mile away); Guadalupe County Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Guadalupe County, C.S.A. (approx. ¼ mile away); Zuehl Family Fence (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Seguin.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 198 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.