Oxon Hill in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Ignatius Roman Catholic Church
Established in 1849 along the old Alexandria Ferry Road. Rev. Joseph M. Finotti, S.J., First Pastor. Rev. Patrick J. Begley First Resident Pastor 1948.
May this marker serve as a tribute of gratitude to the faithful members of this parish—past and present.
Erected by Class of 1971 of St. Ignatius School.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Roads & Vehicles.
Location. 38° 48.279′ N, 76° 58.002′ W. Marker is in Oxon Hill, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Brinkley Road just east of St. Ignatius Drive, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2401 Brinkley Rd, Fort Washington MD 20744, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Ignatius Church (here, next to this marker); Dedicated to the Memory (a few steps from this marker); John Hanson (approx. 1.4 miles away); Saint Monica (approx. 2 miles away); "Salubria" (approx. 2 Saint Lorenzo Ruiz (approx. 2 miles away); War All Around (approx. 2 miles away); Oxon Cove Park and Oxon Hill Farm (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oxon Hill.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 9, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 49 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 9, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.