Near Enfield in White County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The First Presbyterian Church In Illinois
Erected 1963 by The United Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. and the Illinois State Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Illinois State Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1816.
Location. 38° 2.175′ N, 88° 20.254′ W. Marker is near Enfield, Illinois, in White County. Marker is on U.S. 45 south of County Road 1100 North, on the right when traveling north. Marker is in front of private property. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1077 US-45, Enfield IL 62835, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. War Emergency Pipeline Southern Illinois College (approx. 4.4 miles away); Colonel Conger House (approx. 10.1 miles away); "Flow Gently, Sweet Afton" (approx. 10.3 miles away); Bell of St. Johns (approx. 10.3 miles away); Ratcliff Inn (approx. 10.4 miles away); Carmi's Oldest House (approx. 10.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on August 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 12, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 75 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 12, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.