DeSoto in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Daniel Cemetery
This burial ground originally served the family of the Rev. Ellison Armistead Daniel, Sr. (1797-1875) and pioneer settlers of southwest Dallas County. Daniel, who brought his family here in 1852, was a part-time Baptist minister who also farmed and ranched this land. The cemetery was first used in 1853 for the interment of his daughter-in-law Fannie P. Daniel. The earliest marked grave is that of Daniel's son-in-law William S. Langley (1822-1857). Other graves include those of Daniel family members who figured prominently in the development of Duncanville.
Erected 1982 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6675.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 32° 38.168′ N, 96° 52.718′ W. Marker is in DeSoto, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on Bolton Boone Drive, on the left when traveling north. The cemetery is just north of Danieldale Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2401 Bolton Boone Drive, Desoto TX 75115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Wheatland Cemetery (approx. 1.6 miles away); Wheatland Methodist Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Nance Farm (approx. 1.9 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Duncanville (approx. 2 miles away); First Christian Church of Duncanville (approx. 2.1 miles away); Duncanville (approx. 2.1 miles away); John C. Pelt (approx. 2.2 miles away); Penn Springs (approx. 2˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on August 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 14, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 14, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.