The Tiburon Peninsula Historical Trail
(Left photo caption:) In this 1947 photograph you see the buildings of the Navy housing on the left, the Hilarita Dairy, and the undeveloped Sugarloaf Mountain. From the 1840's until WWII Tiburon land was used primarily for ranching. The Reed family grazed wild Mexican cattle on the hills and then switched to dairy cows because fresh milk and butter brought premium prices in San Francisco, a short boat ride away.
(Middle photo caption:) Back to School
(Right photo caption:) "Summer's here” at the new Reed School which opened in 1954.
Erected by Tiburon Peninsula Foundation, Belvedere-Tiburon Landmarks Society. (Marker Number 5B.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1947.
Location. 37° 52.788′ N, 122° 27.882′ W. Marker is in Tiburon, California, in Marin County. Marker is at the intersection of Tiburon Boulevard and Lyford Drive, on the left when traveling north on Tiburon Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Belvedere Tiburon CA 94920, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8
Credits. This page was last revised on August 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 14, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 61 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 14, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.