H.L. Warburton House
Marie Warburton became a local elementary school teacher and educated many Santa Clara residents in her lifetime: She helped change school board policy in 1937 when she refused to quit her job after marrying Dr. Robert J. Rogers.
Austen Warburton was active in civic, philanthropic, and academic circles his whole life through. He served on the Santa Clara City Council and several City Commissions. He was an ardent patron of the arts and was known for his monumental, yet quiet, generosity.
Placed by the order of the
Santa Clara City Council
by the Historical
and Landmarks Commission
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Industry & Commerce • Women.
Location. 37° 21.06′ N, 121° 56.87′ W. Marker is in Santa Clara, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of Fremont Street and Jackson Street, on the right when traveling west on Fremont Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1191 Fremont Street, Santa Clara CA 95050, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Robert Menzel House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hichborn House (about 400 feet away); Johnson House (about 400 feet away); Kersell/Lorente House (about 400 feet away); Town Hall and Jail Site (about 500 feet away); Field House (about 600 feet away); Dr. Saxe Office Building (about 600 feet away); Russell – Robinson House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Clara.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 18, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 40 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 18, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.