Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of Peck's "Village View" Farm
The Land Grant for this property was awarded in 1835 to James Bruce. In 1874, 18-year-old Edward Harrison Peck moved from New York and bought this farmland eventually totaling 80 acres. The property crossed both the Red Run Creek and Chicago Road. The name "Village View Farm" appeared on the barn as it bordered the Village. The original farm house burned in 1925.
E.H. Peck became a prominent citizen of Warren, serving as Township Treasurer twice, 1899-1902 & 1909-1911. Mr. Peck's son, Eldred E. Peck, continued to farm the land after his death in 1941.
Erected 2002 by Warren Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 42° 31.648′ N, 83° 3.514′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Chicago Road, 0.1 miles east of Blair Road, on the right when traveling west. Marker is hard to see in the bushes and behind a tree. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4824 Chicago Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Warren Union Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); 5520 Chicago Road (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Reddick House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gillett - Beer Farm (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Joiner House 1895 (approx. half a mile away); First Baptist Church of Warren (approx. half a mile away); The Wilson-Bosh Home (approx. half a mile away); Village of Warren (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 23, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 23, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 156 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 23, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.