Near Fredericksburg in Gillespie County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. Paul Lutheran Church
Oldest rural Lutheran church in Gillespie County. The Rev. M. Haag served as first pastor. Charter members numbered 17.
A frame building with walls of rough boxing planks was dedicated June 22, 1884. Size: 25 x 30 feet with a 40-foot tower. Cost: $600. In 1890 building was enlarged, interior finished, beaded ceiling installed. Altar niche was added, interior finished with sheet rock and exterior covered with tin in 1928-29.
Recorded Texas Historical Landmark - 1969
Erected 1969 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10107.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 30° 19.364′ N, 98° 43.385′ W. Marker is near Fredericksburg, Texas, in Gillespie County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 1631 3 miles north of Ranch to Market Road 2721, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9732 FM 1631 Road, Fredericksburg TX 78624, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Lower South Grape Creek School (approx. 6.9 miles away); General E. Kirby Smith, C.S.A. (approx. 6.9 miles away); Lyndon Baines Johnson (approx. 6.9 miles away); Major Israel M. Nunez (approx. 6.9 miles away); President's Ranch Trail (approx. 6.9 miles away); Stonewall Community Cemetery (approx. 7.2 miles away); The Working Corrals (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fredericksburg.
Also see . . . Details of Cave Creek community. (Submitted on September 5, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 46 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 5, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.