Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Chesapeake City in Cecil County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

“Labadie Tract”

Comprising 3750 Acres

 
 
“Labadie Tract” Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Pfingsten, July 6, 2007
1. “Labadie Tract” Marker
Inscription.  
Obtained in 1684 from
Augustine Herman
by the religious sect called Labadists. Here they led an austere form of communistic life but disintegrated about
1698.

 
Erected by State Roads Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial EraSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1684.
 
Location. 39° 29.215′ N, 75° 50.635′ W. Marker is near Chesapeake City, Maryland, in Cecil County. Marker is on Cayots Corner Road (Maryland Route 310) 0.2 miles east of Augustine Herman Highway (Maryland Route 213), on the left. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chesapeake City MD 21915, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. “Bohemia Mannor” (approx. 1˝ miles away); St. Augustine’s Church (approx. 1.9 miles away); St. Augustine School (approx. 2.4 miles away); Bohemia (approx. 3 miles away); Jennie Whiteoak House (approx. 3.1 miles away); McReynolds-Woods House
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 3.1 miles away); Stubbs-Caldwell House (approx. 3.1 miles away); Bayard-Bouchelle House (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chesapeake City.
 
Also see . . .  Labadists. Entry from the Catholic Encyclopedia. (Submitted on July 11, 2007.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 6, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,003 times since then and 61 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 6, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=1566

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 20, 2024