Englewood in Sarasota County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Lemon Bay Cemetery
The first Board of Trustees were:
John W. Green, W. H. (Capt. Hamp) Lampp, William B. Pope, Daniel W. Gallop, Ferdinand Gottfried
A Perpetual Care Committee was established on December 13th, 1982.
Erected 1983 by Sarasota County Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1864.
Location. 26° 57.177′ N, 82° 21.194′ W. Marker is in Englewood, Florida, in Sarasota County. Marker is at the intersection of S. Indiana Avenue (State Road 776) and 2nd Avenue, on the right when traveling south on S. Indiana Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Englewood FL 34223, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bass Biological Labs/Cookie House (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Cookie House (approx. 2.2 miles away); Joseph Daniel Anderson (approx. 5.4 miles away); Woodmere (approx. 6.3 miles away); Town of McCall (approx. 8.1 miles away); Placida Bunk House (approx. 8.2 miles away); Myakka River Civil War Skirmish (approx. 8.8 miles away); Prehistoric Man Lived Here/Spring Was Once a Cave (approx. 9.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Englewood.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 27, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. This page has been viewed 1,218 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 28, 2019, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. 2, 3. submitted on January 27, 2009, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.