Newton in Catawba County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Catawba County Confederate Memorial
To the Confederate Soldiers of Catawba County 1861-65
Full Companies Sent Out
Co. A. 12 Reg.
Co. F. 23 Reg.
Co. C. 28 Reg.
Co. E. 32 Reg.
Co. E. 57 Reg.
Co. F. 32 Reg.
Co. F. 38 Reg.
Co. K. 46 Reg.
Co. I. 49 Reg.
Co. E. 72 Reg.
And Members of other Companies and Regiments.
No braver bled for brighter land, nor brighter land had a cause so grand.
Erected by The People of Catawba County
Aug. 15, 1907
Erected 1907 by The People of Catawba County.
Topics. This memorial is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil.
Location. 35° 39.806′ N, 81° 13.329′ W. Marker is in Newton, North Carolina, in Catawba County. Memorial is at the intersection of North Main Avenue (State Highway 16) and East 1st Street, on the left when traveling south on North Main Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newton NC 28658, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured Catawba County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); M.L. McCorkle (within shouting distance of this marker); Rutherford's March Tribute (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Court House Well (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Raid Through Western North Carolina (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hoke Smith (approx. half a mile away); Charles H. Mebane (approx. Ύ mile away); Catawba College (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newton.
Also see . . . Catawba County Confederate Soldiers Monument, Newton. Commemorative Landscapes of North Carolina (Submitted on September 27, 2020.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 129 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 24, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.