Allentown in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built 1770 by James Allen, son of William Allen, founder of Allentown
Headquarters of the Lehigh County Historical Society
Erected 1964 by Allentown Kiwanis Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1770.
Location. 40° 36.14′ N, 75° 27.903′ W. Marker is in Allentown, Pennsylvania, in Lehigh County. Marker is on Walnut Street just west of South 4th Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 411 Walnut St, Allentown PA 18102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Trout Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the First Incorporated Homeopathic Medical College in the World (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Harriet A. Baker (about 600 feet away); Women Veterans of Lehigh County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Honor of Those Who Served Lehigh County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Spanish American War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Allentown.
Also see . . . NRHP Nomination for the Trout House (National Archives). (Submitted on October 7, 2020.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 7, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 129 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 7, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.