Bend in Deschutes County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Deschutes County Courthouse
In 1937, a suspicous (sic) fire left the south wing an empty shell. State officials suspected arson, but to this day no one has been charged with setting the fire. In 1940, a W.P.A. grant funded the building of what we now recognize as the original portion of the current courthouse
Erected by Deschutes Historical Museum. (Marker Number B20.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Law Enforcement. In addition, it is included in the Bend Heritage Walk series list.
Location. 44° 3.658′ N, 121° 18.651′ W. Marker is in Bend, Oregon, in Deschutes County. Marker is on Northwest Bond Street near Northwest Greenwood Avenue, on the right when traveling northTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1154 Northwest Bond Street, Bend OR 97701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A.J. Tucker Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pierson Blacksmith Shop (about 300 feet away); Eddie's Sales & Service (about 400 feet away); Colonial Inn (about 400 feet away); Wright Hotel (about 400 feet away); Pilot Butte Inn Site (about 400 feet away); Cozy Hotel (about 400 feet away); Historic Pilot Butte Inn (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bend.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 27 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 13, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.