Greenville in Washington County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
The King's Daughters Hospital
Organized by ten dedicated women in 1892 and chartered nationally as The King's Daughters and Sons Circle No. 2 in 1894, it has served the Delta from this site since 1905. The present Mediterranean style structure dates from 1927, with major additions in 1967 and 1990. A school of nursing was associated with the hospital from 1905-1956.
Erected 1992 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Science & Medicine.
Location. 33° 24.186′ N, 91° 3.079′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Mississippi, in Washington County. Marker is on East Starling Street east of South Washington Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 South Washington Avenue, Greenville MS 38701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shelby Foote (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Walker Percy (about 700 feet away); The Courthouse Arboretum (approx. 0.3 miles away); Greenville (approx. 0.3 miles away); Washington County CourthouseNew Jerusalem M.B. Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Nelson Street (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
More about this marker. Currently, hospital is known as the Delta Regional Medical Center West Campus.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 16, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 21 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 16, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.