Richmond in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Morton Cemetery 1822
Resting place of many Texas pioneers and heroes.
Placed by Texas Society Daughters of American Colonists
March 7, 1966
Erected 1966 by Texas Society Daughters of American Colonists.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists series list.
Location. 29° 35.191′ N, 95° 45.749′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Commerce Street and North 3rd Street, on the right when traveling west on Commerce Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Richmond TX 77469, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Morton Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); John McNabb (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Morton (about 400 feet away); H. Schumacher Oil Works (about 500 feet away); Thomas Jefferson Smith (about 600 feet away); Walter Moses BurtonSite of the Home of Randal Jones (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Bend County Jail (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Also see . . . Morton Cemetery. TSHA Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on October 22, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 23, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 36 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 22, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.