Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
W. W. Glover Cemetery
Early Dallas County settler George W. Glover acquired this land in 1844. The property was first used as a cemetery for the interment of five-year old Sarah Beeman who died on Mar. 22, 1857. In 1872 Glover deeded the property to his son William Wald Glover (1846 - 1928) for whom the cemetery was named. Among those buried here are the younger Glover and early Dallas settler and civic leader Richard Lagow. This community burial ground, which contains over 70 gravesites of pioneer settlers and their families, was last used in 1951.
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6727.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 32° 46.381′ N, 96° 42.375′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker can be reached from Military Parkway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6508 Military Parkway, Dallas TX 75227, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Peacock Military Academy (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pleasant Mound CemeteryPleasant Mound "Public" Cemetery (approx. 1˝ miles away); Buckner Baptist Children's Home (approx. 1.7 miles away); Beeman Memorial Cemetery (approx. 1.7 miles away); Buckner Log Cabin (approx. 1.8 miles away); Shearith Israel Memorial Park (approx. 1.9 miles away); Pleasant Mound Methodist Church (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 26, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 26, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.