Paducah in McCracken County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
8th of August
Erected 1995 by Kentucky Historical Society and Kentucky Department of Highways, presented by the Paducah-McCracken County Touris Commission. (Marker Number 1957.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Notable Events. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant day of the year for for this entry is August 8.
Location. 37° 4.803′ N, 88° 36.016′ W. Marker is in Paducah, Kentucky, in McCracken County. Marker is on North 8th Street south of Adams Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 513 N 8th St, Paducah KY 42001, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Burks Chapel A.M.E. Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Congressmen Representing First District Which Included Jackson Purchase, 1819-1995Washington Street Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Col. Ed Murray's Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); McCracken County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Old Judge Priest" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Spanish American War Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Global War on Terrorism Memorial (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paducah.
Also see . . . 8th of August: Paducah (YouTube). Historian Betty Dobson retraces the annual event's origins and 2013 parade grand marshal James Trice is featured. From Kentucky Educational Television's "Kentucky Life" series. Posted Feb 4, 2014. (Submitted on October 27, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 27, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 91 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 27, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.