Louisville in Jefferson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
1786 - 1986
This marker erected in 1986 in celebration of Louisville’s two hundredth anniversary and in memory of A.P. Little (1891-1971), who served as Louisville’s City Clerk-Manager from 1922 until his retirement in 1967. Given by his family.
Erected by Family of A. P. Little.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1786.
Location. 33° 0.036′ N, 82° 24.607′ W. Marker is in Louisville, Georgia, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of East Broad Street (Business U.S. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Louisville GA 30434, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Market House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Sacking of Louisville (about 500 feet away); Old State Capitol (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Yazoo Fraud" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Capitol Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); To Commemorate the Site of the First Permanent Capitol of Georgia (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rocky Comfort Creek (approx. ¾ mile away); Crossing the Ogeechee River (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Louisville.
More about this marker. The marker was originally erected at the intersection of Business US 1 and US 1 at the edge of Louisville. The City Manager moved the marker to its present location in 1992 or '93.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 31, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 2,158 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 6, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.