Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Origins of Richmond
Erected 1993 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number SA-39.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1609.
Location. 37° 32.024′ N, 77° 25.617′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of North 18th Street (U.S. 360) and East Franklin Street, on the left when traveling north on North 18th Street. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Oldest Commercial Building in Richmond (here, next to this marker); Francis Asbury (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate General Hospital No. 12 (about 400 feet away); Lockwood Double House, 1845 (about 500 feet away); Craig House (about 500 feet away); The Oldest House (about 600 feet away); Chesapeake & Ohio Railway (about 800 feet away); Early Quakers in Richmond (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 7, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 951 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 7, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.