Chester in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1724.
Location. 39° 50.874′ N, 75° 21.595′ W. Marker is in Chester, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is on Ave. of the States south of 5th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chester PA 19013, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chester Fire Department (here, next to this marker); Swedish Colonists (here, next to this marker); Viet Nam (here, next to this marker); Washington House (a few steps from this marker); Historic Downtown Chester (within Old Swedish Burial Ground (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Morton (about 500 feet away); Christofer Columbus (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chester.
In photo 3, the subject marker is on the right, next to lamp post which has Christmas decorations on it. On the building, from right to left:
Chester Fire Department (separate hmdb.org entry);
Swedish Colonists (separate hmdb.org entry, starts "This Tablet Commemorates");
Viet Nam (separate hmdb.org entry, starts "In memory of", and obscured by a then-bare tree);
This Building, photo 4 in this hmdb.org entry
— Submitted November 5, 2020, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 2, 2009, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 975 times since then and 14 times this year. Last updated on November 5, 2020, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 2, 2009, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.