Tampa in Hillsborough County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Tampa's First Paved Sidewalk
"The first genuine pavement put down in Tampa" was 168 feet long and 8 feet wide.
These marble stones are the remnants of Archie Ross' historic sidewalk.
Preserved by the City of Tampa with the cooperation of the Tampa Historical Society.
Erected by Tampa Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Landmarks • Man-Made Features.
Location. 27° 56.86′ N, 82° 27.466′ W. Marker is in Tampa, Florida, in Hillsborough County. Marker is on E. Kennedy Blvd. near E. Kennedy Blvd., on the right when traveling south. This plaque is located in front of the Tampa Municipal building on E. Kennedy Blvd. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tampa FL 33602, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Salvation Army (here, next to this marker); Tampa POW/MIA The Rough Riders Passed By Here (within shouting distance of this marker); Lt. Col. Frank S. Adamo, M.D. (within shouting distance of this marker); Courthouse Square (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Capt. James McKay, I (1808 - 1876) (about 300 feet away); William F. Poe Plaza (about 300 feet away); Great 1909 Auto Race (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tampa.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 9, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,843 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 9, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 2. submitted on July 30, 2010, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. 3. submitted on February 9, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4, 5. submitted on August 10, 2010, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.