Archbold in Fulton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Village Of Archbold
1897 - Brick pavement laid, making Defiance Street the first paved street in the area between Toledo & Elkhart.
2005 - A downtown renovation was completed which included brick pattern asphalt pavement, bordered sidewalks, decorative streetlights and this flagpole.
Erected by Homier's Monumental.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 41° 31.267′ N, 84° 18.367′ W. Marker is in Archbold, Ohio, in Fulton County. Marker is on South Defiance Street (Ohio Route 66) south of Stryker Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Ohio Art Company (a few steps from this marker); David K. Aeschliman Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Archbold (approx. one mile away); Erie J. Sauder (approx. 1.6 miles away); Draining the Great Black Swamp (approx. 4.8 miles away); Stryker (approx. 5.7 miles away); Stryker DepotStryker's Railroad Heritage (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Archbold.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 17, 2020. This page has been viewed 49 times since then and 7 times this year. Last updated on November 18, 2020, by Robert Baughman of Bellefontaine, Ohio. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 17, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.