Near Atlanta in Cass County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Protestant Church in area. Founded in 1853 by George Law and wife Martha, pioneers from Georgia. Members first worshipped under a brush arbor, then in a log structure. In 1859 joined Methodist Conference. Began present building 1869.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9824.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion.
Location. 33° 6.001′ N, 94° 13.771′ W. Marker is near Atlanta, Texas, in Cass County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 2328 half a mile north of U.S. 59, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4065 FM 2328, Atlanta TX 75551, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Laws Chapel Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Cass County (approx. 3.7 miles away); Bessie Coleman (approx. 3.8 miles away); Atlanta Veterans Memorial (approx. 3.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Methodist Church. TSHA Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on November 24, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 24, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 24, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.