King in Stokes County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Log Home Of Hohanna Jacob And Anna Catherine (Volck) Spaenhauer
The project was sponsored and financially supported by Muttenz Mescendants Inc. a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the heritage of these immigrants. The building was donated by Walter "Winkie” and Willie Spainhour Thomas. Materials from a similar log home donated by descendants of Irving Thomas Hobart and Martha Catherine Vaughn Spainhour were also used in the reconstruction.
The new site was provided by the city of King.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1774.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: King NC 27021, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nazareth Church (approx. 4 miles away); Samuel and Sarah Stauber Farm (approx. 5.2 miles away); Bean Shoals Canal (approx. 5˝ miles away); Bethania Freedman's Community (approx. 5.7 miles away); Wright Court House Site 1771-1774 / Richmond Court House Site 1774-1789 (approx. 5.8 miles away); Cedar Grove School (approx. 6.4 miles away); Great Wagon Road (approx. 6˝ miles away); Lord Cornwallis (approx. 6.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 1, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 27 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 1, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.