Louisville in Jefferson County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
In 1986, a 600-acre area was designated the Tyler Settlement Rural Historic District, including portions of Moses, Edward III, and Robert Tyler's farms. Moses ran one of the state's earliest licensed distilleries. A portion of his land (170 acres) is now Blackacre State Natural Preserve, one of the oldest working farms in Jefferson Co. and an environmental education center.
Erected 1992 by Kentucky Historical Society and Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1907.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Parks & Recreational Areas • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12415 Taylorsville Road, Louisville KY 40299, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Restoration Project (approx. 2.2 miles away); Trainer and Jockey (approx. 2.3 miles away); Saint Edward Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Conrad-Seaton House / Valentine Conrad Pottery (approx. 2.4 miles away); Confederate Soldiers Monument (approx. 2˝ miles away); Christ Lutheran Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); "Nunnlea" (approx. 4 miles away); The Wetherby House (approx. 4.1 miles away).
Also see . . . Asset Detail | Tyler Settlement Rural Historic District (PDF). National Register of Historic Places registration and photographs. (Submitted on December 7, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 7, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 5, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 5, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. 3. submitted on December 7, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.