Fonda in Montgomery County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
the Mohawk Indian village
St. Peter Chapel
Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha
"The Lily of The Mohawks"
Easter Sunday April 18, 1678
This memorial was erected by the
Conventual Franciscans and dedicated by
Bishop Edmund F. Gibbons on Sept. 11, 1938
This plaque was presented in memory of
Beatrice S. Applegate
by The Applegate Family of Ilion, N.Y.
Erected 1938 by The Applegate Family.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 42° 57.25′ N, 74° 23.583′ W. Marker is in Fonda, New York, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Hickory Hill Road (County Road 33) 0.4 miles west of State Highway 5, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2430 Hickory Hill Road, Fonda NY 12068, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Caughnawaga Castle Site (a few steps from this marker); a different marker Caughnawaga (within shouting distance of this marker); Liberty Pole (approx. 0.3 miles away); Kateri's Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); A Liberty Pole (approx. 0.3 miles away); Veeder Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); Peggy Wemple Tavern and Mill (approx. half a mile away); Wemple Tavern (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fonda.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 12, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 12, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.