Chenoa in McLean County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
In Memory of Maude Henline
This bell was cast in Ohio and placed in the Chenoa School in 1867. In 1911, it was moved to one of the towers of the new Chenoa Grade and High School.
During the 1950's it was removed and dedicated to the memory of Maude Henline (1881-1965), long-time teacher of Latin, Math and Commercial subjects at Chenoa High School.
When the Chenoa School District merged with Prairie Central, this monument was moved from the grade school to its present location.
This bell is also dedicated to the memory of John Harkrider, custodian, who rang it almost every school day for 30 years. (1917-1947)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Education • Women. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list.
Location. 40° 44.572′ N, 88° 43.234′ W. Marker is in Chenoa, Illinois, in McLean County. Marker is on Green Street just north of Lincoln Street, on the right when travelingTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 231 Green St, Chenoa IL 61726, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Matthew T. Scott (approx. 0.3 miles away); "Memory Lane" (approx. 7.1 miles away); The John Patton Cabin (approx. 7.3 miles away); Illinois U.S. Route 66 (approx. 8 miles away); The Motor Police (approx. 8.2 miles away); Protecting Travelers (approx. 8.2 miles away); Livingston County G. A. R. Civil War Memorial (approx. 10.4 miles away); Citizenry Mourn Lincoln (approx. 10˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 21, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 36 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 22, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.