Midland County Courthouse
Architect Bloodgood Tuttle of Detroit and Cleveland designed this courthouse in rustic Tudor Revival style. A portion of the exterior is magnesite stucco, a building material developed in 1925 by The Dow Chemical Company from Midland’s vast underground brines. Donald Gibb of Dow worked with noted Detroit artist Paul Honoré
Erected 1989 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1235A.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Native Americans • Science & Medicine • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list.
Location. 43° 36.843′ N, 84° 14.832′ W. Marker is in Midland, Michigan, in Midland County. Marker is on West Main Street 0.1 miles east of Isabella Street (State Route 20), on the right when traveling east. Located in the newly constructed circular plaza in front of the Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 W Main St, Midland MI 48640, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Upper Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Pine Grove Cemetery (approx. 6.9 miles away); Jerome Township Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.7 miles away); Stump Puller (approx. 8.2 miles away); Lumberman's Bunkhouse (approx. 8.2 miles away); Log Cabin (approx. 8.2 miles away); Felix School (approx. 8.2 miles away); Town Hall (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 29, 2020, by John Garman of Rochester Hills. This page has been viewed 46 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 29, 2020, by John Garman of Rochester Hills. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.