Carrollton in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Carrollton No. 2
Also known as St. Mary's, Carrollton No. 2 was established about 1893. It once belonged to the Archdiocese of New Orleans, but was acquired by the City of New Orleans in 1921. The modest tombs and copings reflect the German heritage of many early Carrollton residents and are visually connected to the neighborhood. There is a small in-ground section of the cemetery that was reserved for indigent burials.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites.
Location. 29° 56.945′ N, 90° 7.224′ W. Marker is in Carrollton, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Cohn Street and Hillary Street, on the left when traveling east on Cohn Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1900 Hillary Street, New Orleans LA 70118, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carrollton No. 1 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tulane Stadium (approx. 0.4 miles away); Carrollton Neighborhood (approx. half a mile away); Walgreens 6,000th Store (approx. half a mile away); H. Sophie Newcomb Memorial College (approx. half a mile away); Newcomb Pottery Garden (approx. half a mile away); Mater Dolorosa Church (approx. half a mile away); National Shrine of Our Lady of Prompt Succor (approx. 0.6 miles away).
More about this marker. Cohn Street is one was east at this location.
Marker is mounted on the right gate post at main Hillary Street entrance.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 29, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 29, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.