Napa in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Napa Courthouse Flag Staff
Dedicated April 13, 1985
By the Native Sons of the Golden West
William Bundesen, Grand President
Erected 1985 by Native Sons of the Golden West.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 13, 1985.
Location. 38° 17.877′ N, 122° 17.136′ W. Marker is in Napa, California, in Napa County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Brown Street and 2nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 825 Brown Street, Napa CA 94559, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fremont's Crossing (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oberon Saloon (about 300 feet away); Napa County Iraq and Afghanistan War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Native Sons HallNapa - Birthplace of the Loudspeaker and the Magnavox Corp. (about 400 feet away); Napa Valley Railroad (about 400 feet away); Old Napa Register Building, 1905 (about 500 feet away); Winship Building 1888 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Napa.
More about this marker. The marker is on a low rock set near the flag pole on the courthouse lawn.
Also see . . . Courthouse "Liberty Pole". The Napa Valley Register's article (1/21/2007) on the history of the flagpole, by Kathleen Dreesen. (Submitted on February 23, 2009.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 23, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,703 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 23, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.