Caddo Mills in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Graham Point Cemetery
Named for Daniel Boone Graham and his family who settled in this area in the mid-1800s, this cemetery, established on Graham's land, served the Graham Point and Union Valley communities for more than 100 years. One of the earliest graves was that of Resina Graham in 1860. Many early graves were marked with bois d'arc posts that either burned or were removed. Several pioneer families and their descendants are buried here, including early settlers named Hurst, Lindsey, McCasland, Partin, and Williams. The last recorded burial occurred here in 1991.
Small additional marker
Bricks in this base, once used to mark graves in this cemetery, were made at a a Graham Point kiln which operated before 1900.
Erected 1996 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7794.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
Location. 32° 58.548′ N, 96° 14.446′ W. Marker is in Caddo Mills, Texas, in Hunt County. Marker is on Highway 2517 north of Highway 2512, Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Caddo Mills TX 75135, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First United Methodist Church of Royse City (approx. 5.1 miles away); Empire Masonic Lodge No. 586 (approx. 8.9 miles away); Dry Creek Cemetery (approx. 9˝ miles away); William Lane (approx. 10 miles away); Poetry Baptist Church (approx. 10.2 miles away); Poetry Methodist Church (approx. 10˝ miles away); The Church of Christ in Rockwall (approx. 10.9 miles away); Majors Army Airfield (approx. 11.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on January 10, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 33 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.