Katy in Harris County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Wright House
This home was built in 1898 by Edward Everhart and sold to David Wright on July 24, 1899. It was located at 814 East Avenue. Mr. Wright was an early pharmacist, in 1906 he installed the first telephone lines in Katy from this house to the home of the doctor and the drug store. The house has been extensively remodeled twice. Three generations of the Wright family lived in this home. In 1991 it was donated to the Katy Heritage Society by Fred and Roberta (Wright) Rylander. The house was moved to Katy Heritage Park in 2003,
Erected by The City of Katy.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Science & Medicine.
Location. 29° 47.477′ N, 95° 49.556′ W. Marker is in Katy, Texas, in Harris County. Marker is at the intersection of George Bush Drive and Avenue E, on the right when traveling west on George Bush Drive. The marker is located in the Katy Heritage Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5990 George Bush Park, Katy TX 77493, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow The Featherston House (a few steps from this marker); Katy Heritage Park (within shouting distance of this marker); The Stockdick House (within shouting distance of this marker); Humble Mess Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); First United Methodist Church of Katy (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church of Katy (approx. 0.7 miles away); Barker Post Office (approx. 7˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Katy.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 21, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 21, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.