Robert Lowell Davison was born September 12, 1903 in Rushville, Indiana
During the War Years of WWII Mr. Davison supported the war effort by hosting War Bond dinners. One article reports that he was responsible for selling $50,000 in bonds during the war.
The Fischer Hotel, formerly located on this site, was purchased by Mr. Davison from Leo Fischer on August 16, 1944. Mr. Davison also owned and operated a small business venture, the Wolverine Reel Company on the east outskirts of Bronson for a number of years.
Robert Lowell Davison died on March 14, 1963 in Coldwater. He was a generous individual who was always willing to lend a hand when someone was in need. He enjoyed his life, family and friends greatly.
The Hotel was razed May 27, 1973. Davison's daughter, Diane, and her husband Michael Marston subsequently donated the lot to the University of Michigan.
In 1988 the U of M deeded the property back to City of Bronson for use as a Memorial Park.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work
Location. 41° 52.349′ N, 85° 11.697′ W. Marker is in Bronson, Michigan, in Branch County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Chicago Street (U.S. 12) and N. Matteson Road, on the left when traveling east on W. Chicago Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bronson MI 49028, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cyrus Luce (here, next to this marker); Bronson High School World War I Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Bronson Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); City of Bronson Sesquicentennial (a few steps from this marker); Bronson World War II Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Bronson City Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); World War Memorial Tree (about 300 feet away); Bronson Public Library (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bronson.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 24, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 24, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.