First Church at Kecoughtan
Here stood the first known church at Kecoughtan erected 1624. Jonas Stockton, Minister. William Guantlett, Edward Waters, Church Wardens.
Ministers at Kecoughtan 1611 to 1624: William Mease, George Keith, Thomas White.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era.
Location. 37° 1.425′ N, 76° 20.088′ W. Marker is in Phoebus in Hampton, Virginia. Marker can be reached from Hampton Harbor Avenue just south of Mariners Cover Road, on the right when traveling south. The archaeological site is behind a locked gate. The display is accessible with access from a security guard or a resident of the premises. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 102 College Pl, Hampton VA 23669, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Second Church at Kecoughton (a few steps from this marker); "The Springe of Sweete Water" (a few steps from this marker); This Wall (within shouting distance of this marker); Second Church at Kecoughtan (within shouting distance of this marker); Phenix Hall
Credits. This page was last revised on February 8, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 8, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 8, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.