Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Glen Gardner in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Fountain Grove Cemetery

 
 
Fountain Grove Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, February 9, 2009
1. Fountain Grove Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  Organized in 1865 by the two leading families of Glen Gardner - the Gardners and the Hunts. Land donated by Dr. A. A. Hunt.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1865.
 
Location. 40° 41.514′ N, 74° 56.61′ W. Marker is in Glen Gardner, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Fountain Grove Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Glen Gardner NJ 08826, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Glen Gardner (approx. ¼ mile away); Hunt Houses (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Glen Gardner (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hampton (Incorp. Since 1895) (approx. 1.1 miles away); St. Ann’s Catholic Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); 9-11 Memorial Sundial
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.3 miles away); Veterans Park (approx. 1.3 miles away); Hampton (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glen Gardner.
 
Fountain Grove Cemetery image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, February 9, 2009
2. Fountain Grove Cemetery
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,594 times since then and 108 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=16666

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 23, 2024