Quakertown in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Quaker Meeting House
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Colonial Era. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission, and the Quakerism series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1733.
Location. 40° 33.984′ N, 74° 56.635′ W. Marker is in Quakertown, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on County Route 579, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Quakertown NJ 08868, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Willis W. Vail (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); One-Room Schoolhouse (about 700 feet away); Quakertown Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Franklin Township WWII Memorial (approx. Stone Mill (approx. 1.4 miles away); Century Inn (approx. 1.4 miles away); Rockhill Property (approx. 1.4 miles away); Oak Grove Grange #119 (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Quakertown.
More about this marker. Former text of previous marker:
Site acquired by Quakers in 1733. Present meeting house rebuilt with original stone in 1862.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 18, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,184 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 20, 2014, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. 3. submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.