Chilo in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Chilo Lock & Dam #34 Powerhouse
Built by the
US Army Corps of Engineers
Dedicated October 6, 1925
Renovated by the
Clermont County Park District
August 27, 2005
Board of Park Commissioners
William A. Stearns, Chairman
Kenneth R. Stewart
David H. Anspach
Christopher L. Clingman, Director
Erected 2005 by Clermont County Park District.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical date for this entry is October 6, 1925.
Location. 38° 47.379′ N, 84° 7.917′ W. Marker is in Chilo, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker is on County Park Road, 0.2 miles south of Ohio River Scenic Byway (U.S. 52), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 521 County Park Rd, Chilo OH 45112, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The “Rye” Field and Water Tower (a few steps from this marker); The Flood of 1937 (a few steps from this marker); Search Lights (a few steps from this marker); The Chilo Lock and Dam #34 Walking Tour (a few steps from this marker); Replacing Chilo (a few steps from this marker); Locking Through (within shouting distance of this marker); Water Highways (within shouting distance of this marker); The Assistant Lockmaster’s House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chilo.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 17, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 14, 2021, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 139 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 14, 2021, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.