Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Califon in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Mountain Farm

 
 
Mountain Farm image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Alan Edelson, February 21, 2009
1. Mountain Farm
Inscription.  Founded by Lance family in 1749, and occupied by descendants until 1926. Home to Jehovah's Witnesses for 57 years, until 1999. Now in the County Park System.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial Era. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1749.
 
Location. 40° 45.14′ N, 74° 51.429′ W. Marker is in Califon, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Pleasant Grove Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Califon NJ 07830, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Middle Valley Trap Rock & Mine Company (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Teetertown Mill (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Railroad & The Vernoy Quarry (approx. 2 miles away); Califon (approx. 2 miles away); Site of Mount Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church and Cemetery
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 2.4 miles away); Califon Veterans Monument (approx. 2.4 miles away); The Greatest gift (approx. 2.4 miles away); Califon Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Califon.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,605 times since then and 45 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on March 4, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=16705

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 18, 2024