Sudlersville in Queen Anne's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built in 1783 on land donated by Joshua Dudley
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era. In addition, it is included in the Francis Asbury, Traveling Methodist Preacher series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1774.
Location. 39° 10.952′ N, 75° 53.549′ W. Marker is in Sudlersville, Maryland, in Queen Anne's County. Marker is on Benton Corner Road, 0.3 miles south of Sudlersville Road (Maryland Route 300), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sudlersville MD 21668, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Dudley's Chapel (here, next to this marker); Sudlersville Memorial Library James Emory Foxx (approx. 1.8 miles away); Sudlersville (approx. 1.8 miles away); Sudlersville Train Station (approx. 2 miles away); Callister’s Ferry (approx. 4.6 miles away); Henry Highland Garnet (approx. 5.7 miles away); We Resign! (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sudlersville.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 23, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,568 times since then and 27 times this year. Last updated on March 8, 2021, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 23, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.