Simpsonville in Greenville County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Simpsonville Municipal Cemetery
Established in the 1840s as a family cemetery, the two and one-half acre parcel was donated to Simpsonville First Baptist Church by J.H. Todd in 1890. The church deeded the property to the Town of Simpsonville in 1929. The stone wall that surrounds the cemetery was constructed from native field stone collected from the surrounding countryside. The distinctive arches that mark the entry gates were added in the early 2000s.
Erected 2015 by Simpsonville Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation and Education Committee, and Richard C. Moore
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites.
Location. 34° 44.444′ N, 82° 15.136′ W. Marker is in Simpsonville, South Carolina, in Greenville County. Marker is at the intersection of Academy Street (County Highway 545) and Park Drive (County Highway 219), on the right when traveling north on Academy Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Simpsonville SC 29681, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Simpsonville Elementary School / Simpsonville High School (within shouting distance of this marker); Simpsonville Baptist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Simpsonville Library (about 600 feet away); Holy Cross Episcopal Church Labyrinth (about 700 feet away); Simpsonville (approx. ¼ mile away); Lawrence Lafayette Richardson, M.D. (approx. ¼ mile away); Hendricks' Plaza (approx. 0.3 miles away); Simpsonville Clock Tower (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Simpsonville.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 11, 2021, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 266 times since then and 89 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 11, 2021, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.