Carpentersville in Warren County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In 1854, Carpentersville became a station for the Belvidere-Delaware railroad.
Jacob Carpenter left many descendants who built several of the fine homes still standing in the area.
Erected by Pohatcong Twp. Historic Preservation Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1748.
Location. 40° 38.087′ N, 75° 11.32′ W. Marker is in Carpentersville, New Jersey, in Warren County. Marker is on River Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Phillipsburg NJ 08865, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Life Along The Canal (approx. half a mile away in Pennsylvania); Maurice K. Goddard (approx. half a mile away in Pennsylvania); Mules and MenPennsylvania Canal (approx. 0.6 miles away in Pennsylvania); Delaware Canal (approx. 0.6 miles away in Pennsylvania); Williams Township Totem Poles (approx. 2 miles away in Pennsylvania); Seigletown (approx. 2 miles away); Hughesville (approx. 2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 14, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 992 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 14, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.