Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Needmore in Izard County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Old Baptist Church

Needmore

 
 
Old Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, April 3, 2021
1. Old Baptist Church Marker
Inscription.  Land for the Old Baptist Church building and the adjacent Yeager Cemetery was deeded by Daniel Yeager in 1897 to the Polk Bayou congregation of Primitive Baptists for one dollar. The congregation built a church at this location, yet after a few years moved on, leaving the building to the Needmore community for general use. The precise date of their departure is unknown. The building was then used for activities such as Sunday School, Children's Day programs, music schools, funerals and revivals. In 1995, funds were raised to restore the deteriorating structure. The church building was completely destroyed by a tornado in the spring of 2017.
 
Erected 2019 by Izard County Historical and Genealogical Society, Old Independence Regional Museum, Loretta Wright Brewer, Bill Simmons, George David Wright, Rachel Wright Bettis, Barbara Hill Hannon, James G. Wright. (Marker Number 4.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1897.
 
Location. 36° 2.473′ 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
N, 91° 41.453′ W. Marker is in Needmore, Arkansas, in Izard County. Marker is on County Road 142 north of County Road 79, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sidney AR 72577, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Sharp Family and the Civil War / The Civil War in Sharp County (approx. 4.4 miles away); Sharp County Court House (approx. 4˝ miles away); Site of Lacrosse Collegiate Institute (approx. 9 miles away); Wild Haws in the Civil War (approx. 9 miles away); In Honor of all who Served (approx. 10.7 miles away).
 
More about this marker. Long, unimproved roads lead to this marker and cemetery.
 
View from marker north to cemetery in distance. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, April 3, 2021
2. View from marker north to cemetery in distance.
Yeager Cemetery near marker. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, April 3, 2021
3. Yeager Cemetery near marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 7, 2021, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 127 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 7, 2021, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=170366

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 15, 2024