Near Monroe in Monroe County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Holy Ghost Lutheran Church
The Rev. Herman Lemke became the first resident pastor in 1853. A brick church was dedicated in 1873; it became Heritage Hall after the 1969 sanctuary was completed. By its 150th anniversary in 1994, Holy Ghost had grown to more than 800 members.
Erected by Monroe County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is November 10, 1844.
Location. 41° 59.548′ N, 83° 25.679′ W. Marker is near Monroe, Michigan, in Monroe County. Marker is on Heiss Road south of Gruber Road, on the rightTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3589 Heiss Rd, Monroe MI 48162, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Patrick Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Exeter Township Hall (approx. 3.4 miles away); The Navarre - Anderson Trading Post (approx. 4.3 miles away); a different marker also named Navarre - Anderson Trading Post (approx. 4.3 miles away); Frenchtown Township (approx. 4.3 miles away); The Custer Home (approx. 4.4 miles away); Edward D. Ellis (approx. 4.4 miles away); Deloeuil Blacksmith Shop (approx. 4.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Monroe.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 12, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 12, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.