Edmond in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Farmers Grain Company
It was built by J.H. Snyder in 1891. Capacity was 30,000 bushels
Mr. Snyder continued the business until his death in 1895.
In 1921 the firm went broke. A group of farmers formed a
corporation in 1922 and opened as Farmers Grain Company.
In 1924 E.H. Suenram was hired as manager.
The elevator burned in 1949 but was quickly rebuilt.
Present Owner: Suenram Family
Present Occupant: Farmers Grain Company
Erected 1993 by Edmond Historical Society and Edmond Historic Preservation Trust.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1891.
Location. 35° 39.264′ N, 97° 29.073′ W. Marker is in Edmond, Oklahoma, in Oklahoma County. Marker is on West 1st Street east of South Santa Fe Drive, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 102 W 1st St, Edmond OK 73003, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Edmond Station, Indian Territory (about 500 feet away, measured in a Leaping Into History (about 500 feet away); Central State Normal (approx. ¼ mile away); Edmond Public School 1889 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Statue of Liberty Replica (approx. 0.4 miles away); Central State College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Classen's Grove (approx. 0.4 miles away); Shannon Miller Park (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Edmond.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 16, 2021, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 16, 2021, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.